Thursday, April 5, 2018

Write On! - Children's Books Writers and Illustrators


May 17, 2011 marks the first time I used Scoop-it to share articles and blog posts on writing. Seven years later I've shared a good 900 posts. Along the way "Write On!" received a silver badge. The times they are a changing, I need to make room or won't be able to keep adding new material to my Write On! Scoop-it. So I'll attempt to republish many, if not all of my previous shares.

When relevant, I'll add a note to the previously published one.
Wiesje Wollepop still makes me feel good. I'm not quite in Kindergarten and long to be able to read.
Click on Wiesje Wollepop, the link, and you'll be able to see all the pages in this old times favorite. In my mind I'm back in my childhood slippers, on my mother's lap, her chin resting on my head as she and I turn the pages together.

Back then, I had no clue there were an writer and illustrator behind these little characters and their adventures. My mother saved stamps that came with certain groceries, in this case coffee creamer, and sent out for books such as these. Other, larger picture books required saving extra stamps for special illustrations I got to stick on the page with glue myself. 


This work by by Judith van Praag is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

No comments: